Today is my hubby’s birthday. He is 39 years old, so he’s entering the last year in his 30’s.
It’s been an inauspicious birthday week for him; our third child had surgery a few days ago, I am sick as a dog and so is he, and he’s been really slammed at work for a couple weeks now. There won’t be a ton of celebrating this weekend I’m afraid, but we are looking forward to some downtime and rest together as a family.
So, in addition to cooking him his favorite meal – lasagna – I am offering up the following list in honor of his special day. Here are, in no particular order, 39 things that I dearly love about my sweet, wonderful husband.
39 things I love about Jay…
1. that he’s mine
2. that he loves my cooking and tells me so, often, as well as anyone else who will listen!
3. his fierce love for each of our children
4. that I always feel safe and protected with him
5. the fact that he actually thinks I am more beautiful today than the day he married me
6. his amazing patience
7. his ability to just sit down and talk to most anyone, anywhere, anytime
8. that he likes to cook omelets in a plastic bag in a pot of boiling water
9. and somehow also finds time to make his own homemade yogurt for us
10. that he works hard for our family
11. that he loves to practice hospitality
12. the way he dances
13. his mind
14. that he can fix anything, and if he doesn’t know how, he will work on figuring it out till he can
15. his guitar playing
16. that he’s a gentleman: opens the doors, carries all the groceries, etc
17. that he loves to organize closets and cabinets
18. the way he lives out his faith every day in front of me and our children
19. that he buys me chocolates
20. that when I married him I got the best mother and father in law in the whole wide world
21. his amazing relationship with his parents
22. his humility
23. that he loves to fish
24. his innovativeness
25. that we share the same hopes and dreams
26. that he likes the beach as much as I do!
27. that he cuts his own hair
28. that he cuts all our boys’ hair
29. his love for family
30. his appreciation for so many different types of music
31. his attitude in the face of adversity
32. how much he loves to eat leftovers
33. that he regularly tries to send me out for some quiet and/or “girl” time
34. his wisdom and sensibility where finances are concerned
35. his affection for animals
36. his sense of humour
37. his generosity
38. that he loves God with all his heart soul mind and strength
39. that he doesn’t mind growing older…
Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! So glad to be alongside you in this journey we call life!