Welcome to Theologia!
Starting as a collection of papers by Mark Horne several years ago, Theologia has slowly expanded to include works by a variety of authors. You will find all of our content under the various categories to the left.
As our motto states, our goal is to provide thought-provoking material that is faithfully Biblical, distinctively Reformed, and comprehensively catholic.
The most recent articles include:
March 30, 2008:
Does the New Covenant have its own distinctive sanctions as well as blessings? We affirm
by Mark Horne -- 6 Comments
February 3, 2008:
Sermon: A Body Formed by the Spirit
by Mark Horne
October 16, 2007:
10 things a church can do to change the world
by Mark Horne -- 4 Comments
August 18, 2007:
On Forgiving Oneself: Nine Reasons Why It Can Be Appropriate
by Mark Horne -- 7 Comments
July 31, 2007:
Every Word Matters to the Story
by Mark Horne -- 1 Comment
July 18, 2007:
How To Encourage Our Children to Believe the Gospel
by Mark Horne -- 2 Comments
April 21, 2006:
Turretin & Pictet on Christian Infants
by Mark Horne
April 20, 2006:
Zacharias Ursinus & the Imputation of Christ’s Righteousness
by Mark Horne -- 1 Comment
March 16, 2006:
Eschatology of Being “Born Again”
by Derrick Olliff -- 2 Comments
August 31, 2005:
Two Sermons on Two Adams
by Mark Horne
Here are the most recent comments to Theologia. Note: we reserve the right to delete, ban, destroy, etc. comments if they are offensive. We won't alter comments from others (except to remove embedded links). Nor will we remove comments simply because they disagree with the substance of an article. However, we will remove offensive comments or text-dump comments designed to use Theologia as a carrier of someone else's content. Theologia is not a publicly held site. Thus, we will cheerfully maintain our own standards (and possibly not yours) with regard to our management of the comments.
- June 8, 2015 at 10:01 am :: Celebrating a Calvinist Christmas with a Clear Conscience :: Anne
I found your article enlightening and helpful. Thank you. Some of those commenting (above) seem so damaged by childhood training that they are now incapable of thinking beyond the rote. A tragedy.
- April 27, 2015 at 2:33 pm :: What is the Worth of 666 Talents of Gold? :: abey
The seal of Solomon called as the ring of vishnu, vishnu today denoted by the many alters figured in the British freemasonic Israeli supreme court,( what would be the state had the temple existed today). Vishnu in the avatars is to the order of the no of the beast represent the OT Dagon that fell twice before the Ark of the Covenant first Prostrate before it & the second fallen with its hands & head...
- April 26, 2015 at 5:06 pm :: The Agony of Victory :: Joe
So much needed! Thanks brother! 😀
- April 26, 2015 at 4:43 pm :: Why Did Saul of Tarsus Identify Jesus of Nazareth with the God of Israel? :: Joe
I both undertood and enjoyed inmensely the entry, but I couldn’t decipher Yenene’s words… :S
- April 19, 2015 at 2:55 am :: Correcting Two Mistakes of the Law-Gospel Hermeneutic :: Chris Puppel
YES…YES AND YES AGAIN……HAVE NOT RUN INTO THE “LAW-GOSPEL” INT. THAT OFTEN BUT HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS SELF DEFEATING AND CONTRADICTORY AT BEST…SOMETHING OUR LORD IS INCAPABLE OF….CP
- January 28, 2015 at 3:55 am :: Future Justification to the Doers of the Law :: Theodore A. Jones
The scriptures that Paul wrote cannot be interpreted correctly if it assumed that the word law is always referencing the OT code. Rom. 2:13 is not referencing the Sinai code. The law in Romans 2:13 is the law that has been added after Jesus’ ascension. Heb. 7:12
- January 2, 2015 at 4:25 pm :: Why Does the Pastor Wear a Robe? :: Elder Owens F. Shepard
Having just read this interesting article and a number of the comments attached to it, I would just like to add that I see the robe much like a military uniform which by its style denotes a person’s position. The priests of old were at times directed to wear certain clothing during particular worship services and celebrations. I do believe that the robe(s) itself should not be so elaborate that...
- December 8, 2014 at 5:15 am :: A New Perspective on the Mystery of God :: SBDEAM
- November 2, 2014 at 1:50 pm :: Getting the Galatian Heresy Right :: Theodore A. Jones
“For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will de declared righteous. ROM.2:13 Paul is not referencing OT law. First degree murder,which the crucifixion of Jesus was, cannot be a direct benefit. The Galatian error is alleging the cross to have been a direct benefit rather than the offense of murder.
- November 1, 2014 at 5:47 pm :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: clare eade
WOW there is SOOOOO much fear and torment here the devil is having a field day GOD IS GREAT AND GREATLY TO BE PRAISED I pray God all by Himself will come to each one in need and convict and convert and save and heal and deliver and assure and encourage and give REAL deliverance and victory over each individual situation that fear will be bound and faith loosed in Jesus Name I praye that His Word will set each...
- October 19, 2014 at 5:19 am :: Why Was Jesus Justified? :: Ralph
On the other hand maybe we should use “vindicated” consistently wherever dikaioo is used in the NT – I.e. Shown publicly to be in the right. Certainly this was the case for Jesus in the resurrection and, when faith turns to sight, it will be so for us too – RESURRECTION is what I am hanging out for -what about you?
- October 8, 2014 at 5:03 pm :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: James
Suzane, in hopes that you will read this as I am feeling the same pain. Did you ever get to feeling the Lord again?
- October 8, 2014 at 8:51 am :: N. T. Wright & Evangelical Theology :: Henry B.Clemons,Jr.
Secular mind.Secular of the mind and fear.Mankind and God and beyond.God’s happiness for mankind;Just what is happiness anyway?Understand this, of we human,(all) we have is our mind and heart.God has taken that and made a soul for himself,jesus and the holy spirit.The Holy Bible (KVJ.)Genesis 1: and there off.
- October 7, 2014 at 8:38 am :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: aswanash alehim
Suzanne God is always with You imri
- September 4, 2014 at 5:17 pm :: The Children of Christians Are Christians :: The Bible teaches that evildoers never repented since birth. how then that an evildoer who is grown up will say that he/she was a Christian as a child? IRISH
The Bible teaches that evildoers never repented since birth. How then that an evildoer who is grown up say that he/she was a Christian as a child?
- August 4, 2014 at 5:06 pm :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: suzanne
many years ago i had just given my life to jesus and was in a great deal of emotional pain and turmoil because my mother had been very verbally abusive to me and i came home and was looking for comfort in the bible-i instead found those words and in my pain cried out to god that this holy spirit as a comfort was a lie because i felt no comfort and was afraid he was rejecting me like my mother had-i was so upset when...
- July 13, 2014 at 1:54 pm :: N. T. Wright & Evangelical Theology :: Henry B.Clemons,Jr.
July 13,2013———-9 :04 am ^This Life here and now.The walk with God,Jesus in and with the Holy Spirit.Life now,today as we live.Know the meaning and purpose of you being born to life and this world.If you are sick in the body or mind,with or without doctor help,your personal God with pray have the healing answer for you right now.There is peace for all causes,money,health.joy or...
- July 1, 2014 at 4:12 pm :: Why Does the Pastor Wear a Robe? :: christ
The town is the church….going out into the town public a white robe is not just a sign of authority but to be.cool.and minamize sweating….and a.white suit is allowed in the sanctuary……mark jones firstname.lastname@example.org… 230;.
- June 29, 2014 at 11:07 am :: The Tenses of Justification :: Jay
To say with one breath that “works do not justify in their own right since they can never withstand the scrutiny of God’s inspection” and in the next “They are ….causal or instrumental (“means”) in our final salvation” is playing semantics. God’s justification alone, in the punctillar affect, by imputation once and for all is the very sole means of our final salvation. The progressive...
- June 28, 2014 at 6:09 pm :: The Tenses of Justification :: Joe
The fact alone that the penalty of all our sins were paid for in full allows the Holy Spirit to indwell a genuine believer which, unlike the saints under the old covenant, He is able to now seal Himself unto the day of redemption,. This reality is due to the fact that the judgment on the cross has precluded the final judgment by removing the penalty of all sins in a believers life. That’s why there is therefore no...