The Ten Words are intended to form a particular type of society. A community of people . . .
1. that put their trust in the true God (“In God we trust”),
2. that worship God in a fitting way,
3. that bear the name of God in a glorious way in their daily lives,
4. A civilization that safeguards people from the slavery of never-ending work and frees them to gather for worship on the day of the Lord,
5. A culture that honors and obeys parents and others in authority,
6. one that protects the life of the innocent,
7. that remains true to their marriage covenants.
8. that respects the right of private property against theft,
9. where the courts are respected and justice is the norm because people testify honestly,
10. that are content with what gifts and goods with which God has blessed them.
Read it all, at: Jeff Meyers: Usus Politicus.